Wednesday 1 October 2008

How to learn Flash and influence people - Part 1

I already knew about Flash.  It powered a million banner ads.  It was at the heart of a thousand online  games.  I even had a copy on my work computer.
Actually I didn't know Flash.  I thought it was a vector based animation studio that made online content.  I thought it was for tacky banner ads and tackier animations of singing cats.  I arrogantly thought it was After Effects Lite.
I'm very happy to admit what an idiot I was.  After a month of playing, swearing, reading and coding I've come to love Flash and Actionscript.  I love the feeling that it can do anything you want, if only you know how to do it.  Every day I come up with new uses for Flash; and I get a little better at knowing how to use it.  Who knows, one day my skill may match my imagination!
I've started this blog to share with people just starting out with Flash a few tips and resources that I've found invaluable.  I would also love to get help and feedback from those millions of Flash users who know more than me.  

No comments: