Thursday 2 October 2008

How to learn Flash and influence people - Part 2

I have a pretty good grounding in web design; not good enough to make a living but I understand where to lay my {table} and where to stick my {head}.  I've been redesigning my company's website and added a little bit of Flash using Dreamweaver - just basic embedded movies - and everything seemed fine.  Fine that is until I decided to have a look at what made this swf work.
I noticed new files added to my website - things like FLVPlayback and steelExternalAll.swf.  What do they all mean?
Well I'm not sure I know even now, but the point is that it started me down the road of finding out.
And I've found out a lot in the last month.  I've discovered gotoandlearn the amazing online resource of Lee Brimelow (who is a Platform Evangelist at Adobe - whatever that means).  He also has a great blog that has all the latest Flash news.
I've signed up for O'Reilly's Safari Books Online where you can browse scores of books about Flash and Actionscript.
And most importantly I've started to use Flash to make things happen!

No comments: