Friday 17 October 2008

Cherry UK website is up

Our company website has - at last - gone live.  I've spent quite a while getting this bad boy online and I've learned a lot along the way.  I already knew Photoshop pretty well - but now I know how to use it for the web.  CSS is no longer a mystery - just a befuddlement.  And I've managed to incorporate a bit of Flash too.
The opening page has a Flash slideshow to show off some stills of our work.  I also used Flash for all the movies on the site.  I'd started by making my own player but to be honest I was a little out of my depth, so I ended up using a re-skinned FLVPlayback component.  It works really well and there was no need to re-invent the wheel after all.  I used flashVars in the HTML so that I didn't have scores of separate SWF's cluttering the site.  I think that may be my next post ...

No comments: